Friday, July 1, 2011

A New Year

This week was my birthday and even though Dave and all my kids were out of town, I had a really nice day. I had at least twenty Happy Birthdays on email and Facebook from family and friends new and old (or should I say long term).  I also had a great Skype with my California grand kids.  It was the first time I ever heard little Sean say Happy Birthday Grandma.  Just priceless.   My girlfriends bought me lunch at the Chinese Buffet and gave me a giant birthday cookie.  The only problem was, I ate most of the cookie.  It was delicious. Then I drove out to Quilter's Emporium to deliver my Project Linus quilt tops.  I hadn't been to that store before and I enjoyed looking around.  I think I found an idea for my Cherrywood Fabric Jelly Roll strips that I bought a couple of years ago at the Quilt Festival and sewed together at the ASG Retreat.  I was happy to be able to buy the spool cap for larger thread spools for my Jem as the store is a Janome dealer.  I still want to be able to use that little light sewing machine for traveling and schlepping to meetings and retreats. 


Today I am working on finishing up my blouse.  I top stitched all around and shortened the sleeves. Now I just need to get up the courage to make the buttonholes.  I'm going to try one of the souvenir notions I bought somewhere and never used, Space-Tape by Dritz.  It's a stick on tape that lets you mark and stitch up to 62 evenly spaced buttonholes.    I'll let  you know how it works out. 









Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment