Saturday, June 11, 2011

Travels and ASG

Last weekend I traveled to California to my Great Niece Shelby's Bat Mitzvah. It was wonderful. My sister Shelly hosted a great Lu-Wow party at her backyard pool, and all around the house. We got to spend time with our son and his wife and my California grandchildren. It was wonderful to see my nephews and niece, and the new Glasser grandkids. Altogether it was a wonderful weekend.

On Friday my new induction burner range, Microwave hood, and dishwasher were installed. They had to cut the countertop and floor boards a bit and we spent all last night cleaning up the sawdust. Now I need to learn how to cook with the new appliances, but it sure was nice having a quiet dishwasher.

Today at our ASG Neighborhood group meeting we had a farewell party for Mary. We had a wonderful turnout, gave her a gift certificate and some cash, and had nice refreshments too. Some of the girls gave her hand made gifts. It was really nice to see Joanne again. She brought some of her scrappy flower pins and dolls. She is definitely one of the most creative people I have ever met.

We all sewed quilt tops for Project Linus. I didn't get much time to sew, so I brought my squares home with me to finish. This is good practice as my DDIL wants me to make a quilt for my DGS to hang on the wall to replace my DGD's baby quilt. That will be my next project after I complete some of my current UFO's and challenges.

This week I hope to finish my blouse, decorate my skirt, do the Texture Magic challenge and finish my Project Linus quilt tops. I'm so busy I'm sure the week will go quickly.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment