Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Quilt Guild of Greater Houston

I went to my first Quilt Guild meeting last night.  Sara and Nancy were there.  The Show and Tell Quilts were beautiful.  I liked the small quilts a lot.  Maybe I could try that.

The speaker was Gyleen X. Fitzgerald. She first spoke about "The Shape of Things to Come" moving from squares to diamonds to hexagons in quilts.  Then she showed her pineapple quilts.  She has a book called Trash to Treasure Pineapple Quilts and she sells a Pineapple ruler.  I realized I already have two Pineapple rulers, one from Possibilities that came with the Pineapple Smoothie book, and the Square in a Square ruler.  The position of the lights and darks make all the difference in how the quilts look. She calls the quilts Trash to Treasure because she suggests you use you stash scraps to make them.  You can see examples on her website:
http://www.colourfulstitches.com/trashtotreasure.html
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment