Thursday, May 19, 2011

Moda

I went to the Moda event at Sew Contempo but it was a disappointment. The speaker talked for two hours about the history of the sewing retailing business, the difference between chain store fabric and premium fabric and gave out 10 charm sets to the over 50 people there. It wasn't worth the cost of the gas to drive there. At least I was able to pick up the right bobbin case for my machine.

Louise Cutting will be in Houston this weekend, but I found my notes from 2003 and her flyer said she would be covering the same topics she did in 2003. I decided to save my money on this one.

I still have the Texture Magic challenge, the Threads book challenge, and to sew a blouse from my new pattern blocks to accomplish. I also want to do some embroidery.

Need to decide on clothes for my California trip, and if I need to shop or sew for anything to get ready.

2 comments:

  1. I like your new blog! So, what is the difference between chain store fabric and premium fabric besides the price? I sure like the feel of the latter fabrics...
    Mary Haper

    ReplyDelete
  2. The difference is the Grey goods, or the underlying quality of the fabric before they dye or print it.

    ReplyDelete