Thursday, January 5, 2012

A New Year

My grand kids left on New Year's Eve and I miss them.  Sydney and I only got a few minutes to sew on paper because we were so busy.  She loves to try out all the fancy stitches on my sewing machine.  I have to remember to put in a new needle into my sewing machine after the paper sewing work.  I never even got a chance to work with Sean on the sewing spools.  I'll have to wait for another trip.  I did get to watch a lot of Thomas the Train and Bob the Builder on T.V. though. 

I've been thinking about what I would like to work on sewing-wise this year.  Today I am working on getting the backing together for Sean's quilt.  I'm not used to working with such large pieces of fabric.  I also want to sew the fabric I bought at Mood's into garments.  Yesterday I bought the new ASG Simplicity Pattern 2938 on Senior Citizens Day at Hancock Fabrics.  I am planning to attend the national conference in August, and I want to enter the Creativity Content and have something to wear on "Wear Your ASG Pattern" day.  I figure if I start in January, I may have something done by August.  I also want to make something for Sean with the Transportation Appliques I bought at Keepsake Quilting when we went to New England.  He really is into moving cars, trucks, airplanes, and trains right now.  I gave Sydney my large Snap Happy Bag for her tablet, so I will make some more for me.  I also want to do more with my embroidery machine.  I didn't do much with it last year for some reason.  I need to make new pillows for my couch, mine are literally worn out.    Well this list will keep me busy for awhile.

I am also working on building up my stamina so I can get more done.  We bought an XBox 360 with Kinect for Hanukkah and I am working on just getting through the warm-up workouts on the Your Shape 2012 disk.  The first day I burned 25 calories, the second day 40 calories.  I'm working up to 100 calories and then I'll start trying the workouts.  I tried to learn one of the dances on the Dance Central disk, but I couldn't get the hang of it yet.  This is a long-term goal for this year.  I'm hoping by getting more exercise, I'll lose weight.  I think I've been on a diet all my life, and I never seem to get anywhere. The Biggest Loser is my motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment