Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hand Sewing

It is so hot here in Houston that I really don't feel like going out much.  We have broken the record for the most days over 100 degrees in a row.  I've lived here over 30 years and this is the hottest summer I can remember.  Yesterday, while watching the Gaddafi regime fall in Libya and the East Coast Earthquake on TV, I made some more YoYos with some additional fabric squares I found in my stash.  There are now about 100 YoYos in my glass cookie jar on my side table.  A lot less fattening than cookies!  Yesterday, I altered my front block and my knit top to take out about 1 1/2" from the width at the hemline.  This morning I re-hemmed the sleeves and the bottom sides where I deleted some of the fabric.  I wore my T-shirt to the Wednesday lunch bunch today and I liked the way it fit.  I did the hemming by hand with silk thread while watching TV. 

No comments:

Post a Comment