Saturday, November 19, 2011

Catching Up

I haven't posted a blog in awhile.  I have been to three ASG meetings and attended the International Quilt Festival in Houston on three separate days.  The Quilt Festival, as usual, was awesome.  On Thursday, I looked at the prize winning quilts and then walked around the vendors before doing my stint as a volunteer at the ASG booth.  On Friday I brought two friends who had never been to the Quilt Festival before.  They soon learned to believe me when I said to think" Art Show and Shopping Mall" rather than bedspreads! We spent about two hours looking at quilts, a half-hour at lunch, and an hour shopping. On Sunday I went back to continuing exploring the vendors.  Although my friends didn't sew, one bought jewelry and one got a massage!  I didn't buy much this year because I had bought fabric in NYC at Mood, and I had taken three pattern making workshops and I have an ever growing stash of fabric.  I did buy some embroidery thread, some water soluble sticky stabilizer, and a gadget call KISS which stands for Kut it Sew Straight.  It is a laser light that shine on your cutting mat so you can put a rotary cutter or scissor on top and cut a straight line.  My two ASG neighborhood groups had Show and Tells from the Quilt Festival as their meetings, so I had something to show as no one else had purchased that gadget.
Today I attended my first ASG Chapter Advisory Board meeting. I was getting to see what I have to look forward to next year.  I'm about to finish my red rayon jacket.  I have a lot of Holiday Parties coming up to wear it at.  I had to lift the shoulders, re-fit the sleeves, and shorten the bottom points.  Thank goodness for the help I got at the Wearables group or I would have just given up.
 It's almost Thanksgiving, and I'm thankful for all of my sewing friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment